- April 29, 2003: Results of various Corflu 20 events are
- April 10, 2003: A detailed schedule is available.
- March 2, 2003: If you didn't get either of our progress reports,
but would like hard copy, you could download a pdf of PR #1
or PR #2. (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader... although
the pages were laid out for 8.5 x 14, Reader will shrink them for you to the paper size of your
Biggest News Out of Corflu 20
Corflu 21 to be held in Las Vegas: Corflu 21 (Corflu Blackjack) will
be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, in 2004. We'll link to their site as soon as we know the URL.
FAAn Award Winners:
- Best Fanzine: Chunga
- Best Fanwriter: Randy Byers
- Best Fan Artist: Steve Stiles
- Best Letterhack (Harry Warner Jr. Memorial Award): Joseph Nicholas
- Best New Fan: John Teehan
- Number One Fan Face: Randy Byers
Corflu 20 Guest of Honor: Dan Steffan
Past President of fwa: John Foyster for 1975; Mark Plummer for 2002
Schedule of Events
- 2:00 PM: Registration and consuite open
- 5:00 PM: Quiz: Beneath the Valley of the Family Feud
- 6:30 PM: Dinner break; registration moves to consuite
- 8:00 PM: Opening ceremonies and GOH selection
- 8:30 PM: Ice cream social in the consuite
- Very late: Consuite closes
- 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Farmers' Market open on the Capitol Square; shuttle leaves hotel 10 AM
- 9:00 AM: Consuite and registration open
- 10:45 AM: Team Fan-Ed
- 12:15 PM: Cult of LiveJournal: Any Questions?
- 12:45 PM: Algonquin Hour and Lunch Break; Registration closes
- 2:15 PM: Live Fanthology '97
- 3:45 PM: Algonquin Hour and Coffee Break
- 4:45 PM: Truth or Memoir?
- 6:00 PM: Dinner Break, Play Rehearsal
- 8:30 PM: Play: Why You Got This Zine Is Late
- Very, very late: Consuite closes
- 9:00 AM: Consuite opens
- 11:00 AM: Brunch, FAANs awarded, GOH speech
- 1:30 PM: Ritual slaying of a soft white sphere with a nasty wooden club at a nearby field
- Very, very, very late: Consuite closes
The Best Western InnTowner is
located on the western edge of the beautiful University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. It's within easy
walking distance of several ethnic restaurants, and there's a free shuttle from the airport. We'll also
be arranging for shuttle service to the Madison Saturday morning Farmer's Market on the Capitol Square, only a few minutes
Book a room soon, particularly if you
would like a room in which smoking is allowed. To get the Corflu room rate of $89/night, call
1-800-258-8321 and tell them your event code is CORF.
This year's Sunday brunch (included in your attending membership) will include:
Fresh Scrambled Eggs
Fresh Seasonal Fruit Compote
Coffee, Tea, or Milk
To which we can only say, "yum!" If you have dietary restrictions, please let
us know as soon as possible and we'll make every attempt to accommodate you.
"This will be the Corflu to be at." -- Martin Smith
Stay in Touch |
About Corflu |
This page last updated on April 29, 2003.